General Update/Exciting news

I wanted to give everyone an update on what I've been doing for the last week or so.


  First off, I entered the 7DFPS(7 day first person shooter) game jam.(7dfps.com)  The jam started on August 10th and lasted through the 17th.  Here's the game I ended up making: fiVe minutes
  It takes place in a randomly generated, infinite world.  The premise of the game is simple: In only 5 minutes a bomb will explode.  You only have 5 minutes left to live.

All in all it was a great experience.  Making a game in only 7 days is definitely a challenge.  It's not something I'd want to do too many times though.

The game is currently rated 3.5/5 on GameJolt.com.  It hasn't gotten as much publicity as I'd hope, but I'm still very proud what I accomplished.  And I'm also glad that I was able to learn a few things along the way.



     So on to the big news.  I've upgraded my version of Gamemaker to Gamemaker Studio: Master Collection.  The benefits of the Master Collection includesthe ability to build games for Android devices, the Web, Windows Phone 8, and once I get the proper equipment: iOS ( iPod, iPhone, iPad ), Mac, and Windows 8.  It will also allow me to make better looking games, and smoother games.  I'm really excited with my current project and I can't wait to show it off.

I'm also hoping to make a Web version of Volcosis, and maybe even a mobile version.(Don't hold your breath though.  I don't know how well it will work yet.)

But anyway, thanks for plowing through that huge wall of text.  If you'd like to receive smaller, but more frequent updates, you can like AngelWire Studio on facebook.

TGBTG,
littlejoe,
AngelWire Studio



Comments